The NYS Department of Motor Vehicles and Plainedge High School offers the Online Knowledge Test Application (OKTA) after school in the PHS library for students who are 15 and older.
- First, study the New York State Driver's Manual (NYSDM); click here: NYSDM
- Then, when you are prepared, complete the Learner's Permit Exam Registration (LPER) form; click here: LPER
- After you complete the LPER form, you will receive a confirmation email with your exact date and time to come to the PHS Library to take the test. Do not come to take the exam until you have received an email with your exact date and time.
- Once you pass and receive your receipt, you must contact your local DMV after turning 16 years old for how to make a reservation for and complete in-person transactions.
- You must bring your charged Chromebook to take the test.
- Students are required to wear a mask at all times.
- Students must leave the building upon finishing the test.
- OKTA ADMIN (for library staff)