As part of it mission, the Plainedge School District focus is to utilize a variety of cutting-edge technology that supports learning." This goal drives our students, families, teachers, and administrators to embrace a plan that prepares our students to be college and career-ready. Our plan looks beyond the traditional definition of the classroom and focuses on creating learning environments that prepare our students to thrive in the future global society.
Mobile Device 1:1 Program
Smart Schools Bond Act Information
The Smart Schools Bond Act was passed by voters in a statewide referendum held on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.
The Smart Schools Bond Act authorized the issuance of $2 billion to finance improved educational technology and infrastructure to improve learning and opportunity for students throughout the State.
The Smart Schools Bond Act requires that school districts develop and receive approval of a Smart Bond Investment Plan from the Smart Schools Review Board.
The Plainedge School District has been allocated $1,693,869.
Any commentary, suggestions, or feedback, please email: email@example.com
Core Beliefs for Educational Technology:
- Engagement and learning increase with the use of technology.
- Technology supports differentiation of learning.
- Active participation and contributions to the learning process increase with the use of technology.
- Project and inquiry based learning experiences are enhanced with the use of technology.
- Technology skills are best learned in context through project and inquiry based learning.
- Technology supports broader collaboration opportunities both locally and globally.
- 21st century communication and collaboration requires fluency in the use of technology.